2Mon·

Loss Has Declined Significantly

$MRNA (-19%) I had added it to my portfolio during the pandemic. (Just like $BNTX (-2.32%) ).

But then it went into a steep decline, and I was stuck with a huge loss for ages. Then today came the news (see @Raketentoni ) and suddenly it doubled.

I’d checked in on Moderna every now and then, and the analysts were always positive, so I kept holding onto it. But let’s be honest—I hadn’t believed it would double anymore.

So I’m closing this chapter now. You can do something meaningful with >€1,000, and there’s also a capital gains tax refund. Plus, I’m one step closer to my goal of streamlining my portfolio and getting rid of legacy holdings.

19.08
Moderna logo
Sold x11 at €100.42
€1,104.62
61.61%
24
10 Comments

profile image
Great feeling. I know that all too well. Finally getting rid of all that baggage and feeling a little better, haha
•
7
•
profile image
I think it's good that you turned her down. The study hasn't been fully released yet, and if there's a fly in the ointment, the whole thing will fall apart just as quickly :)
•
4
•
profile image
@Raketentoni But +over 100% intraday is really over the top 😂 I don't think I've ever seen that before 🤔
•
2
•
profile image
I'm thinking about going short tonight.
•
1
•
profile image
Wise decision @Keineui
•
1
•
A jump of over 150% is pretty wild… if my Biontech did that, they’d be gone in a flash, too 🫣
•
1
•
I'm thinking about doing the same thing at $BNTX —what do you guys think?
••
profile image
@value_virtuoso_3073 I'm sticking with $BNTX. I'm only slightly in the red.
•
1
•
profile image
Sometimes you lose, sometimes the others win
••
profile image
That kind of crap happens to everyone sometimes. For me, it was Micron—I sold it at just under 300%, and a few months later it was trading at over 1,000. That would’ve been 60k… as long as we learn from it…

BTW, I’m still stuck with BioNTech. 😆
••
Join the conversation