On getquin you can connect portfolios from more and more brokers via Open Banking. Do you have a manually created portfolio and want to use Open Banking now? Here you can learn how to never again add your transactions manually or via PDF import and how to easily switch to the Open Banking option for your current portfolio.
Build your own Open Banking portfolio
- in only 7 steps 📝
Go to your dashboard and click on "NEW PORTFOLIO".
To update your existing account, select "Open Banking".
Now the message "Auto transactions" appears. We'll explain what this means for you later. To learn more about how your transactions are changed in an Open Banking connection, take a look at this article on "Auto-created-transactions". Got it? Then click on "Import anyways" now.
An overview with all your existing portfolios is now displayed and also which portfolio is already linked to an Open Banking. Select the portfolio for which there is no connection yet.
In the next step you can select your broker from all brokers for which an Open Banking connection is possible. Just click on the name of your broker, if it is already suggested to you, or find your broker via the search bar.
Now we can start connecting your broker. Add all the required data to retrieve your bank details.
Almost done! In the last step, however, we have to distinguish between three cases:
✅ Case 1:
All positions on your getquin account match the broker portfolio:
- Your getquin portfolio is identical to the portfolio on your broker. You will be automatically returned to your dashboard and all future transactions will be automatically added to your getquin profile.
Not all positions from the Open Banking portfolio are listed on your getquin account:
- In this case the two portfolios are not aligned. getquin automatically detects which positions from your broker have not been added yet and shows them to you. Since the purchase dates are not available from the open banking provider, the time of the purchase can only be estimated. The estimated purchase date corresponds to the time when the price of the security is equal to the specified purchase price for the first time. You should now manually adjust the date if it does not match the actual date. If you now import the additional positions, an additional purchase activity will automatically be created on the specified date. On your dashboard you can now see all positions. In the future, all transactions will be automatically added to your getquin profile.
- Note: Newly added positions cannot be entered separately, but are always combined into one position. For example, if you have bought a share three times and have not yet added the individual purchases to your getquin profile, they will be added together with one purchase date.
There are more positions on your getquin account than on the open banking portfolio.
- If you have added additional positions on getquin that are not in the portfolio of your account to be linked, getquin will detect and remove them automatically. An automatic sell transaction will be created with the date of the current day. On your dashboard you can now see all positions. In the future, all transactions will be automatically added to your getquin profile.
- Tip: If you still want to track the position that has disappeared, simply create a new portfolio with the one security. In the "Aggregated Portfolio" you will still see the commulated state and you will keep the overview.
I have multiple accounts on my bank. Are all accounts merged into one portfolio?
💡If multiple accounts are found on your bank account, you can choose which of them should be added to the selected getquin portfolio. The other accounts will be added to getquin as separate portfolios. If you want to remove them, make sure to remove only the portfolio, not the bank account connection.
I have a lower amount in a getquin position than in the actual broker account. Will the missing amount be added?
💡An automatic purchase is created for the missing amount with the date of the current day. You can change the date later in the transaction section of your dashboard. Please note that the missing amount is always summarized in only one position, even if the shares were purchased at different times. In the future, all further transactions concerning this position will be assigned correctly.
I have a higher balance in a getquin position than in the actual broker account. What happens to the difference between the two amounts?
💡An automatic sale is created for the additional amount with the date of the current day, so that the positions are identical again.
I have only partially added my savings plan executions to getquin. What happens when I switch to Open Banking?
💡Let's answer the question with an example: your savings plan has already been executed 6 times, but you have transferred only 5 transactions to getquin. When transferring, our system recognizes that the first 5 transactions are already on getquin and only one transaction is missing. An automatic purchase is created for the missing amount with the date of the current day. The date should now be adjusted by you. In the future, all further savings plan executions will be correctly assigned.
Note: If you more than one execution is missing, the entire missing amount of all executions will be collected in one position and cannot be added in pieces.
What if I have not adjusted or incorrectly adjusted the date of automatically created transactions and then continue?
💡When you are redirected back to your dashboard after the Open Banking process, you can view all transcations individually and edit them directly under "EDIT". The estimated purchases will be displayed as follows:
👉 If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com so we can address your concerns.