4Mo·

IonQ

After my entire position $IONQ (-5,68 %) was stopped out at around €47, I’m now gradually rebuilding it at lower prices. Currently, about 1/7 of the previous position is in my portfolio at a price lower than the selling price.

26.06
IONQ logo
Acheté x10 à 44,93 €
449,25 €
8
12 Commentaires

image de profil
Unfortunately, fluctuations are part and parcel of future technologies.

During such phases, I always ask myself: Has my investment thesis changed, or is it just the stock price?

I’m not investing in the next quarterly report, but in the next 5–15 years. As long as I remain convinced of the technology’s potential, I try not to let short-term price fluctuations unsettle me.

In the end, patience is often just as important as picking the right stock.
•
8
•
@Eda that is to say
••
image de profil
I also think that if you're planning to buy back in at 5% or less, it doesn't make much sense given the amounts involved. If you'd bought a few hundred shares now, it might be worth it as a trade, but like this?
•
2
•
image de profil
Do you have an infinite money supply?😁
•
1
•
image de profil
@jkb92 No, I haven't, but after selling just under 70, I now have 20 back in my portfolio.
••
image de profil
Just a silly question: is this a speculative position, or are you trading the stock? If it’s speculative, have you lost confidence in it? Why set such a tight stop-loss? Won’t you get stopped out at the slightest dip, and a few hours later you could have missed out on a +5–10% gain? For stocks like this, slightly larger fluctuations aren’t really a problem.
•
1
•
image de profil
@Stocktective and @Multibagger At some point, I got scared because my position had become very large (for me), so I set a stop-loss. The moment it was triggered, I already realized that it was a mistake and that I didn’t really want to do that. These are just lessons I still have to learn; sometimes I get too nervous. But I also had too little cash on hand at the time, which is why I made that decision back then. Oh well.
That’s why I’m now gradually rebuilding the position with smaller amounts at lower prices, because the investment thesis still holds for me.
•
5
•
image de profil
@Keineui Okay, I see. But if you still hold that view, why don't you just go back to the maximum position right away, since you didn't really want to get out in the first place? 🤔 Is it because you generally want to stay more liquid?
••
image de profil
@Keineui Here's a quick tip: If you're confident in the trade, you're clearly in the black, and the position is too big for you because of that, just take your initial investment out and let the rest run.
•
3
•
image de profil
@Stocktective Because I see the market and the stock as very volatile, and therefore I see opportunities to pick them up at prices lower than my sell price in the coming weeks and months. And if I don't quite reach 70 shares, that's okay—the money will just go somewhere else.
••
image de profil
@Multibagger Unfortunately, I wasn't quite that far in the black. But that's how I handle it with other stocks. My positions—such as $NVDA, $BE, $ENR $ASML, and so on—are all just "mental zeros" now because I've long since recouped my initial investment, and the rest can happily keep chugging along on their own; even the price drops don't bother me.
•
1
•
image de profil
@Keineui So you're basically just letting the market decide—that's one option. But doesn't that contradict your argument? Nevertheless, good luck with the rebuilding.
••
Participez à la conversation